Tuesday, March 27, 2007

God Smiles Upon the Woods

1. We have a house in St. Louis. (Hear me screaming and squealing with glee...just can't believe that place is gonna' be mine!) Plans underway to refinish floors, update a bathroom, replace electrical wiring, etc...after we close on May 30 and before we move in.

2. We have a buyer for our house here in Jackson! We fairly easily agreed to a reasonable price, our inspection didn't reveal horrible skeletons, and, (drumroll.....) our buyers have agreed to a closing date in late June! We don't have to live elsewhere before we move, which has been my greatest fear up to this point. We can't afford, financially, emotionally, or otherwise, to move more than once, and the idea of paying rent for an apartment or staying in an extended-stay hotel while we paid to store all of our worldly belongins somewhere just made me want to cry. We will move directly from here to our new home...amazing. Our contract on this house is the stuff of dreams - no contingencies, we know the buyers and trust them, I couldn't have written it better myself.

3. I think it bears reiterating, in case #2 wasn't explicit enough: OUR HOME IS OFF THE MARKET! WOOHOO!!!! I no longer have to torture myself to get it ready to show every day and torture my children into keeping it that way. I can leave the beds unmade ALL DAY LONG if I want, leave kitchen appliances out on the counter, and the girls' toys out in plain sight. Almost as excited about this as I am about #1.

4. We have a mover! We had bids from four companies, which came in at approximately $33,000, $27,000, $18,000, and $6,000. You are welcome to guess which one we are going with, but it shouldn't be tough. Suffice it to say, our moving expenses will be covered in full by our moving allowance from Barnes, and for this we are thrilled. I was so afraid we'd have to borrow money to move. Not only do we have a mover, but we got the very dates we wanted them to pack us, load us, move us, and unload us...really amazing, considering that June is the most popular month to move in North America.

5. Friday I get to go watch Lucy perform in the 3 Piggy Opera with her class at Covenant Preschool. I have heard snippets of it all week, and it promises to entertain. Soon afterwards, one of my dearest friends on the planet will have her first child, baby Jack, and I couldn't be happier for her. In the remaining three months of our time here, I get to enjoy life and not have to stress and toil over real estate and the like. I can rock baby Jack, enjoy the end of Lucy's last year of preschool, help Annie practice her animal sounds, and soak up as much time with my friends as is humanly possible.

All things considered, my life is so good.

3 comments:

e said...

I can't tell you how thankful I am that this has all worked out so smoothly. You certainly have worked your ever shrinking booty off to make it so and it just feels so nice to see it all come together.
I am so very glad baby Jack will be in your arms. There is something really precious about that picture to me, I remember the first night I rocked Lucy so well - almost 5 years ago! In some ways everything is coming full circle at just the right time.
Life is sweet and God is good.

emdunbar said...

Hurray and Hurray!

and Hurray!

Melanie said...

sOOOOOOOOOOO thankful.