Wednesday, April 04, 2007

my new favorite


I am very pleased to announce the arrival of one much-anticipated John Thomas "Jack" Schwant. My precious friend Erin went into labor at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday, and all went very smoothly and without event. At approximately 4:30 p.m., he was delivered by c-section and he is BEAUTIFUL. He is perfect, has passed all of his aptitude tests with flying colors, and Erin and Troy are besotted (of course). His vitals are as follows: 7 lbs., 1 oz., 19" long, blonde hair, beautiful little features, and looks for all the world like a baby Burns.


It really was a beautiful day and such a blessing that both Erin and Jack are doing so well. I am still on a baby Jack high, and am just so grateful I was there waiting it out - in the waiting room, in the cafeteria, running errands for the happy grandparents, playing operator to all of Erin's out of town friends, and staying up late last night to update her blog (complete with video, I am quite proud of this!). She is loved by so many and it is such a privilege to love, and be loved by, her.


Meanwhile I am trying to be a good friend and give her some space to recover today...I understand csections make one pretty sore. But I miss my friend! Feels like she's on another planet and I can't stand it much longer. Just can't wait to hold that kid and kiss his mama just one more time.

2 comments:

e said...

Far and away one of my favorite things about that day was having you with us. You are so dear to my whole family, Troy has told me over and over how he'll never forget those moments with you. He said out of the blue the other day that he was so glad we had Jack when we did. When I asked him why he said "because we needed Mel with us." I couldn't agree more. Thank you for loving us in such detail throughout this great adventure.

Anonymous said...

What a precious time! I'm so glad to get more details--
I know you are just crazy about him!