Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ol' Toothless

11 comments:

Sarah said...

never seen a cuter gap-toothed baby girl!!! Except for Emma, of course! I bet that was very exciting...

Lisa Trotter said...

Oh what a great picture! She looks so proud!!! I sure hope the tooth fairy was good to her!

e said...

oops! that last comment is from E, I forgot I was logged in as Lisa (i was doing some blog stuff for her) Sorry!

Melanie said...

she is SO proud. it was quite a drama-filled day...i could really write pages about it all. she has been DYING to lose a tooth for so long, and now it has finally happened, she thinks she has joined some sort of glorious fraternity of big kids who are of tooth-losing age. going to church this morning, she said, gazing wistfully out the window of the car, "i bet no one will even recognize me." needless to say, going back to school tomorrow is going to be about as fun as christmas morning for her. (really, she could hardly sleep tonight.) she will get to put her name on a big, white, paper tooth and afix it to the tooth bar graph for the month of January ("do you think I'm the first person to lose a tooth this year, mama?"), and truly join the ranks of the proud and gloried ones.

Lisa Trotter said...

This IS Lisa!! (Too funny, E...I was looking at that comment going, "I don't really remember writing that", but I could've!?) :) I love the picture of Lucy. Tell Lucy that Patten hasn't even lost a tooth yet....sadly, we're not members of the secret fraternity yet! We'll get a secret code or handshake when and if it happens!! :)

e said...

ok the other thing that just hit me about this precious picture is that i remember when that little tooth first appeared! i have tons of memories of her with her two little bottom teeth just beginning to show. i just can't believe it is time for them to start falling out! Sweet baby, stop growing!

emdunbar said...

She is adorable!

I know this like, two months late, but it was so so so so so fun to see you and hang out in December. So fun and wonderful and needed. And Michael. And Nate & Tim & your beautiful home. Hooray for that.

emdunbar said...

i think you should post something.

e said...

me too

CristyLynn said...

me, too, it's been a really long time, just in case you wanted my two cents. :)

emdunbar said...

i lodged my formal complaint via phone and yet the christmas song remains. and no new post. for the love of sense, mel, throw your adoring public a bone.