Sunday, July 01, 2007

Playing House

It's Sunday night, and tonight will be our third night in our new house. It still feels very much like pretend...like we are setting up someone else's house with all of our stuff (I mean, ALLLL of our stuff...where did it all come from?!?!!). I still think we're going to pack up our car in a few days and drive home. We still refer to Mississippi and our house there as "home." Today, Michael said the mosquitos weren't as bad as "at home," the weather (75F yesterday and today!) was sure nicer than the weather "at home." It's still our home. This house is nice - fabulous, really - but not our home. And so much work, I just feel overwhelmed every time I open my eyes there and walk around.

So we are here, and are all well, and so far there have been no major catastrophes from the move...your typical bumps and bruises and scrapes to furniture, but nothing precious destroyed. Grateful there. But we are sad, and lost. Family is great - more helpful than words can say - but this still feels like a city where other people live, a home that other people own, rooms that other people should inhabit.Time. We need lots more time. What I would give to just hit fast forward on all of this...

Tmobile says I am runnign out of time on my 24 hour pass, so I need to make this quick...we have no internet at the house yet - like having no more O2 - so I am at Starbucks paying bills and catching up on email for Michael and me. Love to you all...we'll be back in eworld more permanently on Wednesday. Tomorrow is more workmen, so the busyness of the day will help make it all seem more doable. Thank God for Annie having PEEPS tomorrow...that saves my life, if only twice a week. Much love - Mel

2 comments:

Lisa Trotter said...

WE MISS YOU!! And I think about you guys daily. Love getting the updates through the blog. Today, Patten will go to karate for the first time in ages (VBS, vacation). He's already asked if Lucy will be there. :( Hang in there. Sounds like things are going as smoothly as possible. You are missed down here in Jackson!

Anonymous said...

Just wanting you to know I am thinking about you and praying you are holding up. I know there are lots of "up" moments but also many down ones...
Love you, sweet friend.