Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We're here

On Monday, we wrenched ourselves away from our dearest friends - family, really - in Jackson, and drove to St. Louis. It was wretched, really. Words don't really work to tell about it...I think it was the most awful thing I've ever done. But we came, and so did alllll of our worldly possessions in a big 'ole truck. We spent Tuesday and today unloading said truck, and are absolutely wasted. It's been a bear. But we are here, and safe. Our things are here, and safe (mostly). I cry a little less every day that goes by. Just a very little less, but it's less. I think I'll cry myself to sleep for a while.

I'm thrilled to be living here now. I love my house and our life here that is unfolding so nicely. I just can't believe that some of the most precious people in the world to me are so very far away. I can't believe I won't pack my bags in a day or two and load the car for us all to drive south again.

3 comments:

emdunbar said...

welcome home. i know it was hard to leave. i can't wait to see you in your new place!

emdunbar said...

where are you going to church?

Melanie said...

thanks for the welcome...not sure a/b church. this morning we went to central pres., mostly out of familiarity, habit, and convenience...we'll visit there for a while and see what we think. it's complicated, as is any decision. any thoughts about the church scene here? anything feels like a breath of fresh air after 10 years of the pca in mississippi at the moment...