Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fatigue

It has been a week of running: of tying up loose ends all over town...buying the girls tennis shoes b/c theirs are at the end of their life and I need to use up my frequent buyer stamp card at the local Stride Rite...picking up some things from the alterations place that have been there, oh, for months...collecting medical records on various ones of us from various physicians all over town...snatching boxes up from local liquor stores and hospital loading docks...the list goes on, but that's enough.

It has been a week of calling: cancelling our pest service, cable/internet, home phone and home security...transferring the termite contract, electric, and water/sewer accounts, changing addresses on some of the more important accounts and services, getting some prescriptions transferred from our locally-owned pharmacy here to Walgreens (so we can get them filled in St. Louis before we manage to make appointments with doctors there), and trying desperately to find a babysitter (for Michael's graduation and our Alison Krauss concert next week). I have spent more time on the phone with automated answering systems than I care to report, and I am DONE with them.

And it has been a week of appointments: getting my cholesterol checked (again) to see if the last 3 months of carbohydrate deprivation and fervent exercise have done jack to my numbers (they haven't), having the house appraised (please let it appraise for at least the selling price), having the a.c. for the master bedroom serviced (b/c it's about 20 years old and we needed it to pass inspection for the sale to go through), having various rugs picked up to be professionally cleaned (b/c I don't want to take the last seven years' worth of spilled drinks and worse that have soaked into them with us to the new abode), and getting a few more lessons in on my new serger (this was fun...I am so very pleased with my new toy!).

All of that to say: I am tired. Beyond tired. I don't remember feeling this wasted in a long time.

We leave at 7 a.m. tomorrow for Birmingham for the wedding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you are on your way to B'ham--I can't wait to hear all about the wedding!
I know you are zonked--you have so much on your plate right now. You are so organized and meticulous--I want to be you when I grow up! It is all going to be so worth it--you know, you really make all of this sound so fun, truth be told. I want to move to St. Louis!!!

emdunbar said...

hang in there, melly. and don't forget to wear matching outfits on your trip.

Melanie said...

sweet friends...thanks for your kind and funny words. it was so nice to know y'all knew what was going on with me. it was a tiring and difficult weekend - i needed all the love i could get and was especially grateful for yours.