Thursday, June 21, 2007
in case our life wasn't nutty enough...
In all of the moving madness, this post got lost, but I think it merits posting now, even after the fact. Below is an x-ray of Annie, taken earlier this spring. Anyone care to guess what nature of object is lodged in her bowel? Parenthood is such a trip....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Too funny. It looks like an ornament hook??? Can't really tell. Had no idea this happened!!! :)
no fair to venture a guess since I know the answer, but I HAVE related this to several people and have cracked up every time. Poor little Annie.....
off to Chicago--how are the movers doing?!
I was going to say an "R" Scrabble tile until I realized that the R is not what we're talking about.
Ornament hook is an excellent guess. I vote for that....and the R tile up in her ribs.
hysterical, em. yes, a scrabble tile would absolutely go down the hatch. just today i fished 6 marbles out of her mouth. the other day it was quarters.
so what is it in the picture?
our best guess is an ornament hook...but who knows, really? until it comes out, it could be anything. how on earth it made it as far as it has without piercing or rupturing something is really amazing...but the best minds in pediatric gastroenterology say it's only coming out on its' own, so i guess we'll wait.......it's a real trip to tell any nursery worker, babysitter, etc., who keeps her to watch her diaper and "if you see any sort of metal object, don't freak out, it's just an ornament hook." the looks on their faces are great.
Post a Comment