I think about posting way more often than I actually do it. And I actually have time to do it more often than I did before. But it's hard to do - mostly because there is SO much I could tell, so much fodder for posting, and it's hard to know where to start. Overwhelming, really. Most nights I just succumb to absorption in the daily installation of my Cardinals' winning ways of late. (Not a bad diversion, I have to say...) Starting life over again is really big in so many ways. (Honestly, the most meaningful things in my head sound so idiotically simplistic when I write them...oh well.)
I'm still stalling about what to post about . . . as the title implies, our life feels a little more normal every week that goes by. I think it's officially been 6 weeks since we moved. We have something of a routine, as much routine as you have with two young kids during the summer. Routine will really start to take shape later this week, as Lucy starts kindergarten on Thursday.
My oldest child starts kindergarten - I know this should feel much huger to me than it does. Maybe it's because Lucy came out of the womb wanting to dash out the door for school, and has been in preschool for 2 years now, or maybe it's because I am so ready for some relief from both kids at my heels while I'm trying to get us settled here, but her starting school doesn't feel that huge to me. She is going 5 full days a week, and that does feel like a big shift for us - 8:20 - 3:20 is going to be a long day for her, and likely for me, too. I will miss her, to be sure. But I am ready. And I am soooo excited about her being at Central School...it's really the coolest place I could imagine her being, and it is such a fabulous fit for her particular little personality.
We went to Central's back-to-school night Sunday at the Magic House (how cool is that?). For those who don't know the M.H., it is consistently rated the best place to take a family on vacation every year by Parenting magazines - better than Disney and etc...and it really is about as cool as it gets. And it was running amok with Central kids Sunday night, which was fun. Kids everywhere and we didn't worry about where they were since it was all Central families there, so Michael and I got to meet more parents and visit with those we already knew, and that was really good for us. It's such a dynamic, alive group, and it feels so right to me for us to be there. And I can hardly believe that I was there, too, some 26 years ago. Wild.
Well, I guess this makes a post, huh? I promise I want to get back into this. I hope that life continues to feel more normal...and that normal-life kinds of things like blogging, and emailing, and calling friends, and other things that I typically enjoy - sewing and knitting and needlepointing and etc... start to become more frequent. I need that. Thanks again for your patience. And for keeping in touch with me. Good friends you are.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
updating the blog is indeed a sign that life is becoming more normal for you - whew! you really have managed to accomplish so much in your 6 weeks time there. as usual, i'm amazed by you. glad your getting back little by little to things that take care of you.
Hey, mel! Glad things are settling down.
Post a Comment