Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Score 2 for Mel & ambiguity

...or maybe even 3. No contract today, and I didn't even have to hide from the FedEx man. Some hangup at BJC, and we should have it Friday or Saturday. So I get the remainder of the week to exist peacefully in my belovedly vague state before it's officially a done deal. Will keep you posted.

3 comments:

e said...

Oh I need ambiguity too! I think my ambiguity is very much attached to Lucy not being fully in the know. I heard Michael tell you (calmly indeed!) that the damn thing was coming in the mail the next day and the only thing that kept me from falling to the ground in protest was Lucy was right there. I must confess, I did silently plot ways to intercept the FedEx man and I thought I had a pretty good shot at it...being that I live at your home. Anyway, it seems like it's going to feel REALLY REALLY real when it becomes regular conversation with Lucy bug. Ugh. Let's all move to Willy Wonka, we'll help you hold Annie.

emdunbar said...

ahhh, another day in ambiguous paradise for mel.

have i mentioned that i, selfishly, am so thrilled this is all happening? i get to st. louis so much more often (2 or 3 times a year) than i get to jackson (say...never...okay, once in 10 years). hooray. hooray-so long as lucy doesn't lose her accent. "mama, am i a dunbar?" won't have the same ring without a little (okay, big) drawl.

Melanie said...

yeah i think it was more like, "mama, am i a dunbawrrr?" :) we are going to try to speak mississippi to her at home, so that perhaps she'll stay bilingual.

yes, i am pleased to get to see you more often, too. there's actually a lot that makes me really happy about moving to stl...need to post about that soon.