Thursday, September 28, 2006

Help needed...Lucy lovers please respond

So, in preparation for greater reality, I have decided to be proactive (I am quite pleased with myself about this) and fill out Lucy's application for school in St. Louis. Not an unpleasant task - I feel great about Lucy going to Kindergarten at Central, and beyond that, I have fun filling out forms. I know, bizarre, but I think filling out a form neatly with black ink and crisp, neat print is kinda' gratifying. (Analyze if you must about my need for order in the world and my attempts to find mastery in places, albeit small ones, when other places have no sense of rhyme/reason. Whatever you need to do, I'm fine with it.)

Back to the point. I need your help with the Personal Statements section. Specifically:
"What words would you use to best characterize your child?" I can come up with about 50...it's the "best" part that I'm stuck on. So I'm taking a poll of some of you who know Lucy best, and we'll use the most popular results. Next question: "What interests does your child have, including special abilities, athletic, artistic, academic, musical, etc." Thanks for your help...and let's try to keep in mind a healthy balance between total honesty and Lucy's better traits. So, "manipulating all of her authority figures into her master plan of world dominance," although true, is probably not what we're shooting for. Remember, the educational future of our favorite four year-old is at stake here.

3 comments:

laura mark said...

First, i feel the need to point out the fact that you posted this blog at 5:45 am, which means you had to be up before that in order to start writing it. Crazy.

Traits for lucy-- um, outgoing, great memory, not bashful, (is this a trait?), inquisitive, insightful, creative, visionary . . . . . .

Melanie said...

not to worry a/b my sleeping habits...somehow i messed up the time zone in my blogger profile, so it thinks i live in the aleutian islands or somesuch. i assure you that i don't waken early to write my posts. you are kind to be concerned though....

thanks for your input on lulu. she is lots like you. :)

e said...

Troy says, "spirited, genuine, and loving."

E says "compassionate, intuitive, creative, intellegent, bold, mature, and fun."

Good Luck with this huge project!