Monday, October 02, 2006

This girl needs a baseball town...


...and so does her Mama. How cute is she? With this post, I am pleased to announce that the hometown boys will once again play in October...and hopefully longer than three games! We had a fun celebration on Sunday, and Lucy wore her Cardinals dress to school today. We practiced saying "National League Central Division Champions," which she tried valiantly to say several times before deciding it was just "really much words." We settled on "Champions." Can't complain about that. She is such a fun fan to have by my side...My favorite bedtime stalling excuse is, "Mama, can I just stay up for one more inning?" followed by her sitting on my lap and earnestly following the next 3 outs as we watch on my computer, asking me questions about what's going on and exhorting the boys with much passion. How can I refuse that?

The above pic is from a Mississippi Braves game. It's not quite like a game at Busch III, but it's good for taking the girls to, teaching Lucy more about the game, and spending time with dear friends who can get seats in the first row behind the visitors' dugout. Can't complain about any of that, either. So here's to the post-season. I'm off to play a game of Cardinals-Cubs checkers with Lucy before bedtime.

No comments: