Monday, October 02, 2006

More Big News

With little fanfare or hoorah, our contract came Friday. We didn't even know the FedEx man came, he just stuck it through the mail slot. So much for signature required, I suppose. So there it was, and we opened it, and it sat on the kitchen counter all weekend. Michael signed it Sunday. Again, rather uneventfully. There wasn't much to say, I suppose, or much to do...it was the same contract we had pored over and talked about and all the rest. Not much to do but sign. So there it is: we finally, at long, long last, have a real job. (Such a relief!) We are moving. (So overwhelming.)

It feels odd...both exciting (I mean, it's only been 11 years of training to get to this point), and also sad (now there is definition, and permanence, about our move). It feels good and hard, all at once. Mostly, I am pleased for Michael. He has worked long and hard, and is an excellent physician...and now he will get to enjoy a work environment that is gratifying and rewarding in ways he has craved for years now. I have longed for that for him, and so I celebrate this with him.

Not sure what else to say...so much that I could, most of which I have already. Just wanted to announce our big news.

No comments: