fall (turning leaves? pumpking patches? bonfire smell in the air?)
favorite food (tiramisu from Amerigo? bowtie pasta from macaroni grill?)
most fun indulgence (sleeping in? skipping work to play?)
Mets ... pond scum, anyone?
I was only eleven in 1985, in the middle of a heated rivalry between the New York Mets and the Cardinals, when a local DJ rather off-handedly referred to the Mets as pond scum. The name stuck. And to this day, decades later, my first thought when I think of the Mets is "Mets are Pond Scum." I actually found a picture of the shirts that were printed back then:
And I am pleased to announce that tonight we showed the pond scum how we play the game. All nine innings. All in the midst of dark, evil Shea. I go to bed a happy girl.
I can't help but think that these two helped...my postseason fan contingent are wearing their Cards pjs like rally caps.
Back to St. Louis we go for games 3, 4 & 5 on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday at 7 pm on FOX.

7 comments:
such a fun game! T is getting REALLY worried about living with a Cardinals fan. He told me last night He will NOT raise our children in a split home. Guess he'll have to become a Cardinals fan too cause I think I'm hooked for good.
haha, that's what i like to hear. i think the bible calls it being "unequally yoked," and you should definitely not raise your kids that way. not fair to them at all.
can i just say that the cardinals stuff is a little nuts?
i don't remember "pond scum" i just sing "the heat is on" whenever i think of the cardinals in my youth...and the little crush i had on keith hernandez and tommy herr. theme music and cute boys: that's the only frame of reference i have for anything sports related.
yes, em, you can say that.
it is nuts. i just love cardinal baseball. and the girls have become my victims. they can talk about that in therapy someday if they like. but while i live in cardinal exile, i have to make the most of those in my realm of influence.
Love those jammies...
got Gracie sayin, "Go, Cards!"
Ben ADORED his card from Lucy...first smile I'd seen from a week from him! Sweet girls.
where are you?
i'm trying to come back, but blogger isn't my friend tonight. ?? more soon....thanks for looking for me. :)
Post a Comment