Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween hooligans...

This was by far my most genius costume idea ever...not for the creativity or costume production, but just because it was so stinkin' appropos. They ARE Thing 1 and Thing 2. If only Michael would have worn the Cat suit. Alas, he has a little more dignity than that would require. Ah well. The wigs didn't remain for long, but long enough for some pretty darn cute pics. And we have new red long underwear for pjs for the winter. I also used this as an excuse to buy cute red keds. Very happy about this.




So they were Thing 1 and Thing 2 at the Halloween party last weekend, but the compromise with this was that Lucy got to be a dragon for actual trick-or-treating on Halloween night. So we couldn't have Lucy the dragon and Annie as Thing 2, so Annie went as a monkey. Horribly cute, riding in her jogger and stuffing fistfuls of loot into her fat little cheeks. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

emdunbar said...

They are darling! And thing 1 and thing 2 match the blog so well....aren't you coordinated?

e said...

So I've added Halloween to the list of special events we must spend together. I simply can't resist the girls in costume and I can't wait for baby Moses to be toddling behind. How's this - we'll come see you for Halloween one year, you come here the next. It will be perfect...it's an important holiday for kids and kid lovers but not a major family holiday so we could easily make it work. I'm declaring my idea as brilliant - you in?

Melanie said...

Sounds great. We just need a private plane to charter at will, and this will all work after all. Or I can box up the Things like in the book and they can show up at your door to corrupt your children and wreak havoc on your home. That's my brilliant idea.

e said...

Bring on the Things. We are not afraid.