Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Christmas in May

So Michael and I flew to St. Louis today to close on our house tomorrow. We hadn't heard what we were going to have to pay in closing costs yet, but we were dreading the news. Numbers like $5,000 had flown around, so there was reason to be fearful. So our realtor called us today with the verdict, and, drumroll...we owe nothing. NOTHING. I was in the middle of proclaiming my love for Susan (realtor) at this news, when she added that WE WILL GET A REFUND. Money back. Precious dollars that we had ached and pained over paying months ago will be returned to us. And significant amounts of dollars, at that. So, new refrigerator: we can do it. New washer/dryer: also doable. Rugs? Maybe not doable now, but much more doable than they were yesterday. I feel like a millionaire. I'm not, Michael keeps reminding me: you are not being given any money, we are still poor, this does not mean we can spend, blahblahblah.

But tomorrow morning, when we close, I don't have to take a dime. Just me and my driver's license and my John Hancock.

3 comments:

emdunbar said...

nice! are you going to get a front-loader?! i covet front-loaders.

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! (To quote Ben--his favorite exclamation these days!) That is such load-off news. Enjoy your trip!

Melanie said...

oh yes, i too covet a front-loader...they have cool ones in candy apple red. i love this. we'll see...