1. saying the tiger cub promise: "I promise to use tae kwon do in class and to escape from strangers. I will not use tae kwon do to cause trouble." (while she can recite this, i'm not sure we do it...we have heard reports of her kicking on the playground...)
2. standing completely still and at attention for 30 seconds - this amazed me, we thought for
sure she would fail this one.3. demonstrate a series of head blocks, punches (complete with "HA!"s), and kicks
4. recite the three kinds of focus: "FOCUS YOUR EYES, FOCUS YOUR MIND, FOCUS YOUR BODY, SIR!"
5. show the attention and ready stances, and
6. shake hands and introduce yourself to the black belt who tests you ("hello, my name is Lucy. it's nice to meet you. what is your name?"). They do social skills stuff like this along the way - memorize your address and phone number, etc...
Needless to say, we were quite proud. She will receive her yellow stripe belt and new patch soon. Not sure if we'll continue our pursuit of martial arts in St. Louis, but as Michael says, we'll have a kick-ass costume come Halloween.
how
cool is
that patch?

3 comments:
that rocks. go lucy!
I'm so glad you are blogging. Though I haven't been commenting, I have been reading.
I CAN'T WAIT for you guys to be in StL. I wonder how soon I can get back. Maybe not even until September--which I know will be here before I can believe it.
Yes, I'm back on the blogging bandwagon. It's mostly b/c I'm so up to my eyeballs in stuff I have to do this last month, and I'd rather just avoid it all and blog instead. Good coping. So glad you have been reading - I have been reading yours, too...can't believe how big your kiddos are! They are too cute.
I can't wait to see you and your crew in StL...even if not til September.
That patch is so super-cool, Lulee!!! Oh, I wish I wish I had seen that testing. I can't imagine anything cuter.
Can't believe that about Cassie--really so awful. I hope she is ok.
Post a Comment