Saturday, September 08, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten!

A little after the fact, but here are some pics from Lu's first day of school. It was so fun...I really love our school. I know I haven't mentioned that much... Lucy was excited, and there was an all-school gathering on the playground where the kids all greeted each other and lined up by class to start the year with prayer. Lucy was a little daunted that so many in her class knew each other already, but I couldn't worry about her too much, social beast that she is.

I wasn't sad, I was too excited to be sad. I mean, Central is just going to be such a fabulous place for Lucy. If a school could be blueprinted just for her, this would be it. But I did feel a punch in the gut as I drove away of - this is the beginning of the end: the start of Lucy's formal education that will see her grow more and more independent of us, and culminate in her leaving home as an adult. She isn't my pre-school child any more...she's all grown up.



Lucy's friend, Rebecca...who she met soon after moving here. As best we can tell, a personality double of Lulu.


Annie & cousin Molly having donuts and juice in the gym after the big kids went to class. Future CCS class of 2016.

1 comment:

e said...

All grown up and SO SO SO CUTE!!! Seems like I should be picking her up from school at least one day a week! Miss ya'll so!